We recommend a professional dental cleaning at least twice a year to improve your oral health. People who regularly practice good oral hygiene at home with proper brushing and flossing techniques typically do not experience discomfort during a cleaning….BUT don’t let that stop you from visiting our office to get your cleaning! We have few methods to help, like using a topical anesthetic before the cleaning to alleviate any discomfort.
During your dental cleaning, you’ll receive diagnostic and preventive services from our Hygienist as well as any needed educational information.
Some of provided services are:
- Reviewing and updating medical history, including information about heart problems, pregnancy, diabetes and medications, which may have an impact on your oral health
- Teeth Cleaning Services
- Laser Teeth Whitening
- Evaluation of gum tissue
- Checking biting, chewing and swallowing patterns
- X-rays or examination of teeth to detect decay
- Oral cancer examination and screening
- Referral to specialists for specific treatment