There is no such thing “I am too old to have straight teeth “. Today’s society and trends dictate our day to day activities, outfits, foods we eat, places we go, calling it a life style. Straight teeth are part of the package. If you did not get a chance to have orthodontic treatment as a teenager it is not a big deal,
braces or other orthodontic appliances can be worn at any age, as long as you have existing healthy teeth. When we say “any age “we mean it, either you in your 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s.
In order to proceed with an “age free “orthodontic treatment following is required: teeth presence, good oral hygiene, commitment and an excellent orthodontist.
Methods of teeth straightening:
– Braces – metal or invisible, glued to the external surface of the teeth are considered a bit old
– Lingual braces – attached to the back side of the teeth , so no one can see them except yourself
and your dentist.
– Invisalign – transparent trays, ideal for people that are concerned about appearance or their job
does not allow them to wear other orthodontic appliances. Adult patients prefer Invisalign as it
is more esthetic during the treatment.
Braces vs Invisalign
Teeth straightening benefits:
– Enhance esthetics by achieving symmetry. Now you can smile broadly in the photos.
– Improves the oral hygiene. Misaligned teeth have a higher risk of developing gum disease or decays,
because it is very much harder to clean.
– Bite correction can make the lips look fuller.
– Braking teeth grinding habit, that it is related mostly to wrong bite.
– Builds up confidence and self-esteem
How do I know which is better for me, braces or Invisalign?
Both can correct misaligned teeth, but in extreme cases that involves orthognathic surgery braces would
be a better choice. An orthodontist is the best person to evaluate that.
What takes longer braces or Invisalign?
Usually braces take longer.
Is any dentist able to do braces or Invisalign?
Only a specialist Orthodontist is entitled to do braces, Invisalign or other orthodontic appliances.
Where I can find an Orthodontist certified in Invisalign in UAE?
The Invisalign official website https://www.invisalign.ae/en has all the data base of certified specialists
in UAE. Before you proceed with any kind of orthodontic treatment do your research, find the right
specialist with a high level of competence. “ Invisalign Platinum Provider “ is the accreditation that
suggests a true expert.
If you are looking to straighten you teeth, Dr Porto Sabrina is a Platinum Certified Invisalign Orthodontist
. Schedule an appointment with her today for a tomorrow smile alignment!